CBL LEGENDS RULES V1.9
CBL LEGENDS GOAL IS TO PROVIDE AN ENVIRONMENT FOR PLAYERS WHO WANT TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS, BROTHERS, AND THEIR KIDS.
- PLEASE NOTE THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE LEAGUE
- GENERAL ROSTERS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED WITH RATINGS, THE ROSTERS WIL BE APPROVED BY COMMISSIONER TO ENSURE PARITY, WE WILL FOCUS MORE ON FAIR TEAM RATHER THAN RATINGS, THE RATINGS WILL BE USED MORE AS A GUIDELINE
- ALL PLAYERS NEED TO BE REGISTED ONLINE WITH CORRECT INFO. IF INFO IS INCORRECT THEN LEAGUE HAS THE RIGHT TO DENY THAT PLAYER FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE LEAGUE UNTIL REGISTRATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE
- ALL PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER WILL BE CONFIRMED BY STAT KEEPER DURING THE GAME. NO EXCEPTIONS. PLEASE REMEMBER TO TELL ALL YOUR PLAYERS TO HAVE ID’S WHEN THEY SHOW UP TO THERE FIRST GAME
- YOU CAN ONLY HAVE UP TO 8 PLAYERS ON A TEAM
- ROSTERS ARE LOCKED PRIOR TO GAME 1, IF ROSTERS NEED TO BE ADJUSTED AFTER GAME PLEASE SEEK LEAGUE APPROVAL PRIOR TO ADDING PLAYERS
- PLAYERS MUST ATTEND HALF THE GAMES TO QUALIFY FOR PLAYOFFS, FOR PLAYERS THAT JOINED AT A LATER TIME WILL NEED TO REQUEST APPROVAL FROM LEAGUE REGARDING PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY
- ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE REGISTERED ONLINE, IF YOU ARE A FREE AGENT YOU CAN LIST YOURSELF UNDER THE ‘FREE AGENTS’ SECTION
- WE WILL ALLOW NEW PLAYERS TO COME INTO THE LEAGUE IF THEY MEET LEAGUE CRITERIA BUT THEY WILL BE SCRUTINIZED MORE THAN REGULAR PLAYERS AND IF THEY ARE DEEMED TO BE TOO GOOD THEY WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATLEY. IF YOU ARE BRINGING IN NEW PLAYERS USE SOUND JUDGEMENT AND ONLY BRING IN AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE PLAYERS
- THE LEAGUE RESERVE THE RIGHTS TO REMOVE ANY PLAYER DEEMED TO GOOD FOR LEGENDS EITHER DURING REGULAR SEASON OR PLAYOFFS AND UP TIL FINALS. THIS ALLOWS THE LEAGUE TO KEEP PARITY BETWEEN TEAMS
- PLAYERS 6’3 AND ABOVE ARE GENERALLY NOT ALLOWED IN THE LEAGUE (MEASUREMENT WITH SHOES) CERTAIN EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. THE LEAGUE WILL MAKE THE DECISION BASED ON ROSTER
- PLAYERS CAN ONLY PLAY ON 1 TEAM IN THE LEGENDS LEAGUE. YOU CANNOT PLAY IN MORE THAN 1 DIVISION
- NEED TO HAVE MATCHING JERSEYS IN 3 RD GAME OTHERWISE THERE WILL BE TECHS (UNLESS INDICATED OTHERWISE BY COMMISSIONER)
- MERCY RULE – IF A TEAM IS UP 15 OR MORE POINTS WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT THEN THE GAME WILL BE CALLED
- IN ORDER TO MAKE THE GAME MORE BENEFECIAL TO THE PLAYERS WE WILL REQUEST THE REF TO EXPLAIN ALL THE CALLS OR TRY TO EXPLAIN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
- ARGUING OR YELLING AT THE TECH WILL GET YOU A TECH, 2 TECHS AND YOU ARE OUT OF THE GAME
- 5 TECHS WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION FOR THE NEXT GAME, EACH TECH AFTER 5 EQUALS A SUSPENSION, REGARDLESS OF REGULAR SEASON OR PLAYOFFS
- FOR EVERY TECH THE PLAYER MUST SIT FOR 2 MINUTES
- ALL TIMEOUTS ARE 30 SECONDS, IF THE TEAM IS NOT ON THE FLOOR AFTER 30 SECOND TIMEOUT, THE REFEREE HAS THE RIGHT TO WARN THE TEAM, AFTER THE FIRST WARNING THE REF HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL A TECH RESULTING IN 2 FREE THROWS
- CLOCK WILL STOP IN THE LAST 1 MINUTES OF SECOND HALF
- 1 RATED PLAYER MUST BE ON THE COURT AT ALL TIME, NO EXCEPTIONS! IF YOUR 1 RATED PLAYER FOULS OUT AND YOU DON’T HAVE ANOTHER 1 RATED PLAYER YOU MUST PLAY WITH 4 PLAYERS, AN ADDITIONAL 1 RATED PLAYER CAN BE PICKED UP FROM THE SIDELINE IF AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY WITH JERSEY RULES WAIVED
- 1 RATED PLAYERS ARE ASSIGNED BY THE LEAGUE
- 1 RATED PLAYERS CAN BE BORROWED FROM OTHER TEAMS IF NEEDED (MUST HAVE A CBL JERSEY)
- IF ITS DETERMINED THAT 1 RATED PLAYER WASN’T ON THE COURT FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME THE GAME WILL BE A FORFEIT
- 1 RATED PLAYER CAN BE PICKED UP IF YOU ONLY HAVE 5, LEAGUE WILL PROVIDE A LIST OF APPROVED 1 WHO CAN BE PICKED UP
- ANY PLAYER THAT DOES NOT HAVE A CBL JERSEY AFTER WEEK 3 WILL RECEIVE A TECH (2 FREE THROWS)
- IF A GAME IS STOPPED DUE TO LACK OF TIME, IT SHALL BE CONTINUED AT A LATER TIME BASED ON THE 2 CAPTAINS FEEDBACK, IF A SOLUTION IS NOT REACHED THAN THE LEAGUE WILL MAKE AN EXECUTIVE DECISION
- IF GAME GOES INTO OVERTIME, THE OVERTIME WILL BE 2 MINUTES WITH 1 TIMEOUT. EACH ADDITIONAL OVERTIME WILL BE 2 MINUTES WITH 1 TIMEOUT
- ABSOLUTELY NO CURSING!!! AS A MUSLIM LEAGUE WE SHOULD BE ENCOURAGING GOOD BEHAVIOUR
- DO NOT USE ANY WORDS THAT MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO OTHER PLAYERS RACE, RELIGION, OR GENDER
- IF ANYONE IS CAUGHT CURSING OR USING INNAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR ON THE SIDELINE THE LEAGUE ORGANIZERS MAY ASK THEM TO LEAVE THE GYM
- NO FIGHTING! ANY PHYSICAL ALTERCATION WILL RESULT IN SEVERE SUSPENSION AND OR BAN
- DO NOT DESTORY OR VANDALIZE GYM PROPERTY WE CAN LOSE OUR PERMITS AND YOU MAY BE ON THE HOOK FOR LEGAL ACTION BY THE SCHOOL
- IF THERE IS AN ALTERCATION BETWEEN PLAYERS OR WITH REF, THEN LEAGUE WILL INVESTIGATE AND HAND OUT SUSPENSIONS IF DEEMED NECESSARY. THE NUMBER OF DAYS AND THE PLAYER INVOLVED WILL BE UP TO THE LEAGUE.
- CLEAN UP THE GYM AND YOUR SIDE OF THE BENCH PRIOR TO LEAVING THE GYM! IF ITS FOUND YOUR BENCH LEFT A MESS YOU WILL BE HANDED A TECH THE FOLLOWING GAME
- PLAYERS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE GYM IF THEY ARE HIGH OR DRUNK, IF PLAYER SMELL LIKE WEED THEY CAN BE ASKED TO LEAVE
TIES INVOLVING TWO TEAMS
The first criteria in the breaking of ties in the standings shall be head-to-head competition of tied teams.
Each team’s record versus the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against individual tied teams. The lone exception to this guideline would be if there are only two tied teams in the group placement and one of the teams won both regular-season games. In this instance, the tie is deemed broken and comparison of the seed rather than the placement will be utilized.
TIES INVOLVING MORE THAN TWO TEAMS
Results from the collective head-to-head competition during the regular season among the tied teams in a mini round-robin format, ranking the tied teams by winning percentage from highest to lowest will be used to determine the seeds. If during this process two teams remain tied with the same winning percentage, the two-team tie-breaking system is used, starting with head-to-head results.
If during this process more than two teams remain tied with the same winning percentage, a second mini round-robin format is implemented, ranking the remaining tied teams by winning percentage from highest to lowest to determine seeds. If the teams remain tied, then the two-team tie-breaking system is used, starting with head-to-head results.
If more than two teams are still tied, each of the tied team’s record versus the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings, and then continuing down through the standings, eliminating tied teams with inferior records until one team gains an advantage. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams. The lone exception to this guideline would be if there are only two tied teams in the group placement and one of the teams won both regular-season games.
If team did not play each other then the following tie breakers take place
First : win percentage
second: head to head
third: point differential
- 8 TEAMS FROM EACH DIVISION WILL PLAYOFFS
- THERE WILL BE 2 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
- NO BACK TO BACK GAMES
NOTE: THE RULES CAN BE UPDATED ANYTIME DURING THE SEASON